Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Homemade Asian-Style "Lean Cuisine" Dinner!

Here's your healthy recipe for the day! I made this the other night and I must say, it's delicious!

Ingredients:
2 6 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 cups rice, you can use either white or brown
5 green onions
2T Sesame Seeds
Lawry's Sweet and Sour BBQ marinade

Prep:
Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes
Once cut up, marinade in the Lawry's Sweet and Sour BBQ marinade for 30 mins.
Chop up green onions, I just cut mine with kitchen shears, and set aside.

Cook:
Cook rice according to package directions, or in your rice cooker.
While rice is cooking, cook chicken until cooked through, or 165 degrees farenheit for food safety.
When rice is done cooking, add in the chopped green onions and sesame seeds, and mix throughout. Let sit about 10 mins for flavors to infuse.

This recipe makes approximately four servings, 3 oz of chicken and 1 cup of rice per person. You may end up with more than enough rice though. I had about one serving extra. I haven't quite figured out the calories, but it is 9 Weight Watchers Points Plus. I usually eat mine with a little fresh fruit, tonight is cantaloupe, so the meal is extra filling and satisfies my sweet tooth (so I'm not running for chocolate and hour later) and the BEST part is the the fruit is FREE on WWP+

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment