Monday, May 2, 2011

The scream heard 'round the world

Cue the Jaws music...

So I must confess, I have a pretty bad Silverfish infestation at my place. I live near water so I've kind of just chalked them up as inevitable. They're fast, and nocturnal, so I kind of just let them be, but that doesn't make them any less creepy (and yes, I often wonder if I would wake up if one crawls up my nose while I'm sleeping). Occasionally, I'll find one "left over" in the morning, one who was taking it's sweet time making it back into the crack, crevice, or fixture that it came from. So, I just smash him and move on.

One day, I was sitting at my dining room feeding my son who was about 9 months old at the time. I do a sweep of the ceilings of my place every morning, on the hunt for stray Silverfish and gave the all clear. But while I was feeding lil P, I felt something drop on my head. I ran my hand over my head and came up with nothing. So naturally, I chalked the sensation up to a bout of the mommy-crazies.

About 2 mintues later, I felt something crawling down the side of my face! Screaming and smacking myself, I managed to knock the lil sucker onto the floor and squish him into oblivion. It was quite the spectacle!

Apparently, my lil one was just as creeped out as I was, because he joined in the scream-fest. The only problem, he was a bit harder to calm down!

**I wrote this blog post as part of the Raid Max Bug Barrier contest on 5minutesformom.com**

No comments:

Post a Comment