Monday, April 1, 2013

Mamavation Monday - Holding Steady

I hope everyone had a fabulous Passover week/Easter weekend (if you celebrate). This week has been filled with Easter candy for me. But thankfully, weight wise, I'm holding steady--so far. I'm waiting to pay the piper. Anywhoo, I'm coming to realize that I really do have a gluten sensitivity. There was the whole magical moment of realizing I wasn't sweating when I went gluten free, but I've also noticed that I'm not sinusy, and even though the scale hasn't budged, I look skinnier--bloat be gone. Total TMI, my poo looks funny though. Has anyone else had this happen to them after following a GF diet?

Going GF has had it's pitfalls though. I've eaten some bread, or a biscuit here or there, and I feel really gross afterward. And then the sweating starts again. And the bloat is instant. Which is nasty. I have so many incentives to stay away from the wheat, but it just tastes so damn good. I'm not quite sure how to get past that. I just keep trying to focus on how good I feel without it.

As for challenges this week. Easter presented me with a "Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit", that I delightfully indulged in, and subsequently felt like crap. But I didn't eat the pie. Instead, I ate about 9 bazillion Nestle Crunch Mini Eggs and Reese's Pieces Eggs. But I'm moving on. I didn't drink nearly enough water, so I need to resume my hydration routine. I'm getting back to working out this week. Strength training helps with the hormonal craziness. With that, I'm off to do some Jillian Michaels! 

5 comments:

  1. Some weeks no gain is the best thing. Good job! At least you are realizing what is making you feel lousy. I hope you are able to keep the cravings at bay and stick to it so you feel good. Take care this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Jillian Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just hate that the bad foods just taste so freaking awesome?!?! I totally get it. BUT I had to focus on celebrating feeling awesome after I ate, rather than giving my taste buds something to moonwalk over. I LOVE what I eat now(as well as the results), but I would be lying if I didn't say that I wouldn't mind a nibble of something really bad on certain days. If I happen to take a trip on the wild side, I don't beat myself up. Every new day is a new chance for awesome things to happen.
    I am wishing you a great week...maybe you can find a GF cheddar biscuit recipe???

    ReplyDelete
  4. No gain is a win! ;) Good job!

    I noticed that, too, when I went wheat-free for a while. (Finding it impossible with pregnancy now due to so many food aversions.) Felt better, looked better. It's so difficult to stick with, but at the same time it's so obvious how terrible you'll feel when you cave and consume some.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome/awful time to go GF! You're amazing for doing it at what, for me, would be a particularly challenging time!

    ReplyDelete