Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Save Money On Baby Formula

I just thought I would share this with all of the new moms or soon to be moms out there. One of the things that has totally saved my life during this first year of baby care is "the formula check". I've been getting $5.00 off cans, bottles, whatever format you prefer of baby formula. Which is really nice, because if you don't know already, having a child is extremely expensive. And even more so if you don't qualify for government aid.

How to get the magical formula check-

Depending on what formula you decide to use, Similac has more offers than others. But you can get checks from multiple manufacturers.

Similac- Go to Similac.com and sign up for a Similac Strong Moms account. Fill out the info and soon you'll receive formula samples, and checks for formula.

Enfamil- Go to Enfamil.com and sign up for Enfamil Family Beginnings. You'll also receive samples of formula and checks. But you receive fewer than Similac.

Gerber (Formerly Nestle Good Start)- Go to Gerber.com and sign up to be a part of the Gerber Generation. You don't receive many formula checks, but they do send A TON of coupons for baby food, juice, etc. So this is still an excellent source of savings, particularly as your baby grows.

I personally think that it is worthwhile to sign up for all three. All babies are different and it's helpful to be able to save on different kinds of formula if you have to make many switches due to formula intolerance. That is what happened with my son, and it was very nice to continue saving.

My son needed to be formula fed, as my milk did not come in for several days and he lost a dramatic amount of weight. And once my milk did come in, it was inadequate. So for those of you that have difficulty breastfeeding, or just choose not to, I hope this information can be as big of a lifesaver for you as it is to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment