Thursday, February 24, 2011

Disappointed and It's Starting to Show.

On Valentine's Day I ate an entire small deep dish pizza. And that was bad news. Then a ton of horrific things happened the next day (familywise), all at once. Here's a breakdown.

It was my dad's birthday.
Grandpa ends up in the hospital with pneumonia.
Aunt starts getting 3 hr long chemo treatments for terminal lung cancer.
Cousin finds out she has Hepatitis A.
Found out one of my good friend's Humvee hit a roadside bomb in Afghanistan.
Bad day don't you think. This time I didn't have the will power to fight the emotional eating.

But after that I got back on track. And I worked out. A LOT. To try and counter the binging I had embarked on.

So I weighed Sunday. And I gained .8lbs. I was pretty upset. I had been doing so well.

Then the next part of my life came crashing in. My grandma fell and shattered her shoulder. The woman who helped raise me and became my mother when my mother died. At 90, can only imagine what this can mean...my mind just keeps coming back to the bad. I'm praying prefusely that she comes out of this alright.

All that upset has led to a bad week this week. I've been trying so hard to get back on track, but I'm finding myself helpless when I have to pass a tray of cookies (I've even eaten an entire box of Tagalongs, I'm ashamed to say). I don't know what to do to re-find my motivation. HELP!

(Sorry this is so late, our internet died at home--we can just add that to the list)

4 comments:

  1. Oh honey, what a rough couple of weeks! Try to take some deep breaths and when you see that box of cookies, remember that eating it will just add to your stress levels. Hang in there and don't hesitate to lean on any of your sistas if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever this happens to me, it's hard to get back on track. Especially if I dwell on the things I did wrong. Instead of dwelling, you have to just forget it. Forget the whole day, the whole week, whatever it takes. Basically just start over and do the best you can. I hope you have a better week. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey, that is a lot of bad news at once. I'm sorry to hear about your gramma!

    You can continue your journey to a healthier you. Just because you had a few bad days doesn't mean you should stop! You can do it, and we are all here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a lot going on in your life! Remember there are people here that can help support you! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete